Vietnam – Finland Innovation Partnership Programme (IPP) is looking for highly qualified partners to co-organize Training of Trainers (TOT) programs in Entrepreneurship & Innovation (E&I) in 2017-2018. Interested organizations can apply for becoming IPP’s TOT Co-Organizers by sending an expression of interest to IPP via email by 24 June 2017.
In 2015-2016, IPP conducted a number of capacity building activities in the field of Entrepreneurship & Innovation (E&I) targeted to both individuals and organizations active in the E&I ecosystem in Vietnam. Training of Trainers 1 (TOT1) program was offered to 12 professionals: Certified Innovation Coaches. Training of Trainers 2 (TOT2) program was offered to 33 lecturers representing 11 universities/colleges from 6 cities across Vietnam: Certified E&I Trainers. TOT1 applied the Core Curriculum developed by IPP to provide knowledge, practical tools, and techniques for the generation of new innovative high-growth companies, and ToT1 trainees practiced coaching for the innovation project teams in IPP’s Innovation Accelerator Program. TOT2 was built upon TOT1 and earlier relevant programs in Finland and the US with more focus on innovation and entrepreneurship training methodology. IPP’s Training of Trainers (TOT) programs are designed to provide Vietnam with a source of E&I expertise to promote the development of a strong, healthy innovation and startup ecosystem in Vietnam.
In 2017-2018, IPP will collaborate with reliable local partners to scale up TOT1 and TOT2 programs. In the process, as part of IPP’s sustainability objectives and end-of-program activities, IPP will transfer knowledge regarding TOT1 and TOT2 implementation process to selected organizations and provide them with consultation on the curriculum design and trainer and guest speaker selection to certify them as TOT organizers. Candidates for IPP’s TOT Co-Organizers are expected to carry out trainee recruitment, promotion, program coordination, logistics and other support activities (as will be jointly agreed) in the co-organised TOT programs and, importantly, to continue independently after that.
The scope of work for an IPP TOT Co-Organizer:
- Co-organize with IPP 1-2 TOT programs aimed at ecosystem-wide impact with KPIs for number and satisfaction of students, researchers, entrepreneurs and executives trained, startups launched, jobs created, revenues generated, funds raised, and the number and satisfaction of SMEs and corporations enabled through live case method
- TOT1 programs are to be offered to synergistic groups of 10-20 jointly selected professionals and expected to comprise an intensive 5-day nine-to-five boot camp and assigned live case work for 2-4 months concluding in a graduation ceremony
- TOT2 programs are to be offered to interdisciplinary groups of 20-40 jointly selected lecturers and expected to comprise an intensive 10-day nine-to-five boot camp and 1-2 consultative 1-day follow-up workshops concluding in a graduation ceremony.
- Independent Vietnamese legal entities, private or public, with relevant functions and a proven capacity to arouse demand — paying customers or sponsors — for the programs and raise outside funding and other resources if and when necessary
- At least one year worth of intensive experience in implementing related activities (e.g., training, event organization, business consulting or innovation, etc.)
- Have highly qualified and dedicated staff comprising individuals with relevant experience committed to delivering TOT programs for the long term
- Priority is given to demonstrably active respected contributors to the development of a robust and healthy E&I ecosystem in Vietnam
- Priority is granted to IPP’s past/current partners and IPP funded organizations
- Interest and credible potential for ecosystem-wide impact: Track record of KPIs for students trained, entrepreneurs trained, startups created, businesses enabled
IPP reserves the right to select all or some or none of the applicants.
24 May 2017: Announcing the Open Call for Expressions of Interest
24 May 2017 to 24 June 2017: Ongoing evaluation and selection of TOT Co-Organizers
24 June 2017: Closing the call for Expressions of Interest
24 June 2017 to 24 June 2018: Implementation of co-organized TOT programs
Address to submit the Expression of Interest: email@example.com
For more information, please contact:
Mr. Marko Seppa, Dr. Econ., Lead Instructor of TOT Programs, Entrepreneur in Residence
Vietnam – Finland Innovation Partnership Programme (IPP)
Address: 15th Floor, Thang Long Tower, 98A Nguy Nhu Kon Tum, Thanh Xuan, Hanoi
Mr. Marko: +84 123 327 1447 or firstname.lastname@example.org
IPP Office: +84 4 39 39 39 82 or email@example.com
IPP website: http://www.ipp.vn