The Vietnam – Finland Innovation Partnership Programme (IPP) is an Official Development Assistance (ODA) program jointly financed by the governments of Vietnam and Finland. IPP2 invites universities and educational organizations to submit a proposal to participate in the Collaboration Program on Innovation & Entrepreneurship Education.
IPP’s goal is to strengthen the role of higher education in the National Innovation System (NIS) with a focus on capacity building . The main tool for collaboration is an open-sourced Innovation and Entrepreneurship Core Curriculum (CC) developed by IPP2 for innovation practitioners during ToT1 and innovation accelerator program (IAP), to be adopted and further developed on the basis of specific needs of each organization. This collaboration program will include a central Training of Trainers (ToT2), training materials, advisory supports, international expertise and networking supports. Depending on the commitment of each partner organization, IPP will discuss extended partnership activities and the possibility of granting financial support to promote the implementation of curriculum, training and networking efforts.
This program is for universities, training institutions and educational institutions from both the public and private sector. Foreign educational institutions must have an official license to operate in Vietnam. In order to participate the collaboration program, please send us a proposal and 02 appendices (forms are provided as in the below links) and participant’s CVs.
The Proposal form can be downloaded here.
The Appendices form can be downloaded here.
Proposals must be in English to be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org and hard copy posted to IPP no later than 09 May 2016.
All three documents must be submitted before the above deadline to be considered valid.
During the call, questions and answers related to the call can be found from the
If you don’t find answer to your question from FAQ page, please send it by email to email@example.com
Details of the scope of support, selection criteria and timeline:
Scope of support
- IPP will focus on providing capacity building including soft support, such as expertise, training and coaching during ToT2.
- Because this collaboration program is not a grant only limited financial support may be considered for facilitating implementation of CC adoption and CC-based training development, such as workshop/training course organization at selected partner organizations.
- Certain financial support through assignments during curriculum development/adoption may be applied.
- Long-term plan and commitment of universities in applying Innovation & Entrepreneurship Curriculum.
- Capability of applicants, including their current curricula, capability of lecturers and practitioners in related fields of entrepreneurship and innovation, infrastructures, attractiveness to potential students. Quality of students.
- Strong linkage with industries and willingness for giving more contribution to national innovation system.
- Availability of financial resources and potential to attract more needed resources.
- At least 02 participants for TOT2 will be proposed by each university/educational organizations. These participants to be selected by IPP should meet the following requirements:
- Fluency in English;
- Have experience in teaching/training entrepreneurship, innovation, or other relevant subjects;
- Practical business and/or entrepreneurial experiences are appreciated.
Training of Trainer for university collaboration (TOT2):
- 09/05/2016: Deadline for Proposal Submission;
- May 2016: Selection of partners;
- June-July 2016: Discussion with partners for collaboration plan;
- July 2016 – Jan 2017: ToT2 implementation:
- 2-week full-time training, focused on CC introduction and co-creation for further development.
- 5.5 months for co-creation activities. ToT2 participants will come back to partner universities to work on their own projects, tailoring/adopting CC for their own organizational purposes. They will receive support from international and Vietnamese experts. Each month will consist of one selected topic, such as Creating Value, Innovation Management, Business modeling, Business Communication etc…
- Partner University will organize a community workshop each month to receive feedback from their future clients on the topic under development.
- February-December 2017: After the TOT2 IPP support will be extended to other activities based on curriculum piloted by IPP partners.